2010 Sandhopper Disco 162 For Sale
Beautiful Sandhopper keelboat, in great condition and very well looked after.
Sailed at Thorpe Bay Yacht Club, is a competitive racer but is also great for leisurely cruising.
Disco is the last Sandhopper to have been built, having been launched in 2010, and is ready to set sail with new owners.
- Stored ashore in a garage for the last 2 years
- Down to weight with maximum correctors
- Fully faired bottom with International VC Offshore extra Teflon anti-fouling
- Recently fitted with new string throughout, all harken blocks, many new 2021 (worth £1000)
- New Hyde sails (blue, 2017) used only a handful of times
- David Johnson rudder with carbon tiller and carbon battle stick tiller extension
Sandhoppers have the same delightful handling qualities as the Squib, being feather light on the helm at all times and has the added advantage of being able to lay safely on exposed moorings which dry out at low tide, with its lower draft and GRP twin bilge keels.
The underwater lines of the hull are as fine as possible to give good performance in light airs and the sections above the water line are flared out to a generous beam of 1.87m (6’2″) combined with a ballast ratio of 55% gives ample stability and power to carry full sail in the strongest of winds.
The mast can be stepped and rigged by two persons without crane aid and with an all up weight of around 740kg. Can be easily towed behind the average family car.
Brand new road trailer also available £2,000 (new in 2019)
More pictures available on request and available to view.